Clinical Care Options presents three new seminars in their HCV Elimination 2018 series, each one dealing with a population particularly at risk of acquiring or passing on HCV:
- Men Who Have Sex with Men [MSM] – ACCESS INFORMATION BELOW
- Persons Who Inject Drugs [PWID] – SEE ACCESS INFORMATION IN SEPARATE ARTICLE, and
- People Who Are Incarcerated [COMING SOON]
The MSM module is introduced below…
CCO CME/CE-certified interactive video module with DOWNLOADABLE SLIDESET: “Key Strategies for Overcoming Barriers to HCV Elimination Among Men Who Have Sex With Men”. This is all FREE but requires that you register with Clinical Care Options website:
- Mark S. Sulkowski, M. Program Director
- Daniel S. Fierer, MD
- David Hardy, MD
In-depth expert perspectives on barriers impeding expanded treatment and cure of HCV infection among men who have sex with men.
Provides analysis of critical strategies for preventing HCV infection and promoting sexual health.
Learning Objectives – Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Devise strategies to overcome barriers to HCV treatment for MSM with HCV/HIV coinfection
- Apply interventions that support HCV elimination efforts among MSM at high risk for onward transmission
- Provide appropriate patient counsel on HCV reinfection risk and prevention strategies for MSM who are cured of current HCV infection