Clinical Care Options presents three new seminars in their HCV Elimination 2018 series, each one dealing with a population particularly at risk of acquiring or passing on HCV:
- Persons Who Inject Drugs, [PWID] – ACCESS INFORMATION BELOW.
- Men Who Have Sex with Men [MSM] – SEE ACCESS INFORMATION IN SEPARATE ARTICLE, and
- People Who Are Incarcerated [COMING SOON]
The PWID module is introduced below…
CCO CME/CE-certified interactive video module with DOWNLOADABLE SLIDESET: “”Essential Strategies for Eliminating HCV Among Persons With Current or Recent Injection Drug Use”. This is all FREE but requires that you register with Clinical Care Options website:
- Mark S. Sulkowski, M. Program Director
- Arthur Kim, MD
- Christian B. Ramers, MD, MPH
- Jeannette M. Tetrault, MD, FACP, FASAM
This CME/CE-certified interactive video module provides in-depth expert perspectives on critical barriers impeding the diagnosis, treatment, and cure of HCV infection among persons who inject drugs along with an analysis of critical strategies for overcoming these challenges to address both HCV and other important healthcare needs of this vulnerable population.
Learning Objectives – Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Devise strategies to overcome barriers to HCV treatment for PWIDs
- Provide appropriate patient counsel on HCV reinfection risk and prevention/harm reduction strategies for PWIDs who are cured of current HCV infection
- Apply interventions that support HCV elimination efforts among PWIDs