Educate Yourself and Others
EDUCATE YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBOURS, BOSS and CO-WORKERS
Where to start? FIRST, EDUCATE YOURSELF, so you’ll be prepared when other people in your life ask questions, or have a misconception you want to correct. We would recommend you start with:
- Download HepCBC’s Peppermint Patti’s FAQs
- Subscribe to HepCBC’s free online monthly newsletter, the hepc.bull and look at some of the past issues.
- Explore CATIE’s “HepCInfo” site. CATIE stands for Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange, but they also have a fantastic Canadian-centred hepatitis C outreach program and distribute their publications for free by mail or download.
- Explore Hepatitis Central site (USA but excellent!)
- Explore the HCV Advocate site (USA but also excellent!)
- Explore the Caring Ambassadors site (also USA but some great resources here)
- Explore Healthline’s virtual guide (also USA but super)
- Search GOOGLE and YOU TUBE using “hepatitis C” or “HCV” plus a more specific topic.
- Explore the Canadian Liver Foundation’s site
- Then explore the American Liver Foundation’s site
- Sign up for free RSS feeds from sites such as Medscape, Med Page Today, Clinical Care Options
- Once you’re finished with all of those, you will be an expert!! (An expert, that is, until the next major research discovery. Things are changing so fast in this field, thankfully for aging baby-boomers who really need a cure soon.)