Educate Yourself and Others
EDUCATE YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBOURS, BOSS and CO-WORKERS
Where to start? FIRST, EDUCATE YOURSELF, so you’ll be prepared when other people in your life ask questions, or have a misconception you want to correct. We would recommend you start with:
- Explore CATIE’s “HepCInfo” site. CATIE stands for Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange, but they also have a fantastic Canadian-centred hepatitis C outreach program in many languages.
- Explore the Caring Ambassadors site (also USA but some great resources here)
- Search GOOGLE and YOU TUBE using “hepatitis C” or “HCV” plus a more specific topic.
- Explore the Canadian Liver Foundation’s site
- Then explore the American Liver Foundation’s site
- Sign up for free RSS feeds from sites such as Medscape, Med Page Today, Clinical Care Options
- Once you’re finished with all of those, you will be an expert!! (An expert, that is, until the next major research discovery. Things are changing so fast in this field!)