Find Peer Support through In-person groups, phone, and email
When doctors run out of time to answer all your questions, when some things are just too embarrassing to talk to your friends about, when your family just doesn’t understand what’s wrong, or when you wake up in the middle of the night with an urgent question, who do you turn to? Peer support!
Sometimes we don’t have the perfect answer, but you know other HCV+ people care and understand, and will do their best to set you in the right direction. Information available below on LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS, PHONE and EMAIL SUPPORT, and ONLINE SUPPORT
Local in-person Support Groups
- For a list of support organizations and groups in Canada, CLICK HERE.
- Download CATIE’s wonderful Hepatitis C Peer Support Group Manual here.
Phone and Email Peer Support from HepCBC
- HepCBC has a TOLL-FREE Line you can call 24/7 for Confidential Peer Support: 1-844-268-2118 (or DIRECT DIAL: 778-655-8000) .
- Leave a number and a short message. You will usually be phoned back shortly by a peer volunteer knowledgeable about hepatitis C (unless you call late at night, in which case expect an answer in the morning).
- For email support from a trained HepCBC Peer volunteer, fill out the form on bottom of “Contact Us” page.
Prison Outreach from HepCBC
- Contact: Toll-free line: 1-844-268-2118 (Press “1”).
- Email: email@example.com
- Download pamphlet at: http://hepcbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/20180919_BC_Prisoner_HCV_Brochure.pdf (or request free hard-copies).
- Download Colouring Book (with monthly contest!) at: http://hepcbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/20191002_NO_MARKS_ColouringBook_edition1d.pdf
- Webpage: http://hepcbc.ca/prisons/
Online and Phone Peer Support from other Organizations
- Hep CAN (Canadian, long-established, confidential Yahoo health group)
- Med Help Hepatitis C Forum
- Hep C Net (USA, Yahoo group offering support, newsletter, chat)
British Columbia Toll-Free Hepatitis C Peer-to-Peer Helpline. Accurate information. Meaningful help. Free of charge and confidential.
In the USA: